In honour of Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month (October) I thought this was a necessary share.
@immi_walker_ thank you for allowing me to share your story and this image. Thank you for saying that hard things out loud. Thank you for talking about infant loss. It helps others understand, gain perspective and activates compassion.
October is Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Month. Here are some words by @unexpectedfamilyouting that I really loved.
Bill Of Rights for Pregnancy & Infant Loss:
1. You have the right to talk about your baby. Anytime. Anywhere.
2. You have the right to be sad and happy and any other way you may be feeling because your emotions are valid.
3. You have the right to share your story or not. You get to decide with whom and when you do this.
4. You have the right to reject platitudes and anything else that does not bring you comfort.
5. You have to right to remember your baby and you get to decide what that looks like.
6. You have the right to ask for help, even if you're not sure what you need.
7. You have the right to say exactly what you need and expect that others will respect this.
8. You have the right to have your loss acknowledged and your child remembered by those who care about you.
9. You have the right to embrace your grief and reject any imposed timelines.
10. You have the right to change your mind and your perspective at any time in this journey
11. You have the right to grieve regardless of when or where or how you lost your baby. There is no criteria to determine who hurts after a baby dies - that heartbreak is universal.
If you have experienced loss of a baby, I am deeply sorry. I am sending you so much love, light, strength and respect.